Members of the RCSC Executive Committee serve for four years, rotating through the various offices from Treasurer to President.
All officers are responsible for the following:
- Meeting (online or in-person) at least twice a year
- Reading and voting on all submissions for the annual conference
- Helping to form cohesive panels for the annual conference
- Attending the annual conference and chairing panels as needed
The president, along with the other officers, serves as the public face of the RCSC and is the primary point of contact between the RCSC and its Membership. This position is held during the fourth year of service on the Executive Committee.
Additionally the President:
- Contacts the Huntington Library’s Special Events Coordinator to set the conference date and to reserve the necessary facilities and catering
- Convenes the two annual Executive Committee meetings: one during the summer to prepare for the academic year ahead; the other in December, to discuss submitted proposals and to organize the spring conference programs.
- Receives and compiles all Abstract submissions for the annual conference for other officers to review
- Corresponds with individuals who submit abstracts for consideration
- Facilitates the creation of panels for the annual conference and creates the conference program
- Makes opening comments (if needed) at the annual conference
- Writes a short, annual “Letter of Introduction” for the RCSC’s website homepage
Webmaster and Media Coordinator
The Webmaster and Media Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining and updating the website as needed (updating annual conference information and links to registration documents) as well as sending email notifications to RCSC Members through our listserv. This position is held during the third year of service on the Executive Committee.
Additionally the Webmaster and Media Coordinator:
- Posts to the RCSC Facebook page and any other relevant listservs
- Maintains the RCSC email inbox
- Maintain and updates the RCSC listserv (e.g., adding members, removing members by request)
- Updates the officers page on the website
- Corresponds with GoDaddy (our web service provider) when the website is experiencing any problems
The Secretary is responsible for documenting RCSC Executive Committee meetings as well as serving as the primary organizer and liaison for the Keynote speaker and/or Roundtable participants. This position is held during the second year of service on the Executive Committee.
Additionally the Secretary:
- Updates the registration documents as needed for each annual confernce
- Prints participants’ badges and program for the annual conference
- Is primary point of contact on-site for AV and other day-of conference concerns
- Assists President with overflow duties
The Treasurer manages RCSC finances and processes registration fees for the annual conference. This position is held during the first year of service on the Executive Committee.
Additionally the Treasurer:
- Manages the Paypal account
- Cashes personal checks
- Collects registration funds at the conference for on-site registrants
- Informs the Executive Committee about the finances of RCSC to ensure it remains healthy